Lumicept, hybrid light simulation software, simulates the behavior of light allowing the user to know how light propagates and is distributed in space. In the design of devices or spaces where the effects of light play important role, such as lighting fixtures, optical materials, interiors and exteriors of buildings or automobiles, Lumicept makes it possible to examine how they illuminate and appear without prototyping. For engineers and designers trying to increase the value of products with no additional development time and cost, Lumicept provides powerful aid to assist their activities.
Design and analysis of light emission
- Performance and appearance of automotive lighting such as headlight and taillight
- Luminance distribution of planar light-emitting devices such as LCD backlight
- Visibility of meters installed in automotive instrument panel
- Luminous intensity distribution of illuminants such as lighting fixture with LED and reflector
Design and analysis of light reflection/transmission
- Distribution of illuminance/luminance in and Interior/exterior appearance of buildings and vehicles
- Light-receiving state of light detectors such as photodiode and CCD
- Transformation of light caused by optical films such as prism sheet and diffusion sheet
- Reflection in surface of glass such as automotive windshield
- Appearance reproduction of paint coats such as metallic paint and pearlescent paint
- Analysis of influence of lens barrel/holder to image formation
- Reproduction of glare effects caused by seeing bright light sources
Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. OpenGL is a registered trademark of Silicon Graphics, Inc. Intel and Pentium are registered trademarks of Intel Corporation. CATIA is a registered trademark of Dassault Systemes SA.